четверг, 30 октября 2008 г.

Afternoon Pages 24/10/2008

Phillis Briggs "Son of Black Beauty"
Prompt: What does the word "fame" mean to you? Is it sacrifising yourself for the sake of the public or a good way to make money on your popularity?

To my mind every person in the world has a talent, but fortunately or not fortunately not all of us can become famous.I think that becoming famous is a very good way to earn big sums of money for having some artistic skills. I wouldn’t call it “a sacrifice for the sake of public”. People realize very well that being a celebrity means having no time for yourself, having no private life, journalists and paparazzi follow your every step. They understand what come with it. I guess that “fame” also means “responsibility”, as many people sometimes try to copy the life of their favorite celebrity. And if a person still wants to become famous – it’s his/her own choice, no one forces him/her to do it.
As for me, I wouldn't mind being financially secure, but there is no way I would like to be famous.

Комментариев нет: